VicRoads Managed Program
Call VicRoads support centre for further clarification 1300 723 790
Q: What do I need to do to get my licence back?
VicRoads manages first time drink drivers who:
- Commit a drink driving offence on or after 1st October 2014 and
- Be a first time offender and
- Have a BAC reading below 0.100 and
- Have their licence/learner permit cancelled
These drivers apply directly to VicRoads to get their licence/learner permit back following completion of their cancellation period.
A combination drink and drug-driving offence with an illegal BAC at any level (even below 0.100) will be managed by the Magistrates’ court.
Q: Who will manage my interlock term?
Your interlock term will be managed by VicRoads.
Q: How long do I need to have the interlock in my car?
You will be required to have the interlock installed for a minimum of 6 months.
Q: How can I monitor my interlock term?
Once you have installed your interlock device you can register on the AIMS (Alcohol Interlock Management System) Website and track your progress. Your data will be accessable 24 hours after your monthly service has been completed.
Q: How does the program work?
- Your interlock term will be a minimum of 6 months, the first month is a learning month where violations are not applicable. The final 5 months are demonstration months where you must not record any violations.
- For every month of clear data you are awarded a green star, you must earn 5 consecutive stars (AIMS)or have 5 months of clear data with no violations before being eligible for removal of your “I” condition licence.
- If you cause a violation in the demonstration period your 5 month term will restart.
- You must drive the vehicle yourself at least twice each month
- If you are absent from servicing your interlock device for 6 months or more your interlock term will be reset to zero
- You must take all breath tests and not tamper with the interlock device
Q: Can I contest violations on my account?
Each violation that has been recorded will be hi-lighted in red on your AIMS account. By clicking on the violation you can contest each violation. It will be up to VicRoads weather the violation is upheld or cleared from your account.
Q: How do I apply to get the I condition removed from my licence?
Once you reach your 5th star a button will appear on your AIMS account allowing you to apply directly for the removal. You may also contact VicRoads directly if you are not registered on the AIMS network.
You will receive a letter in the mail including an alcohol interlock removal authority and a new licence with the “I” condition removed. This can take up to 10 business days.
Once you have received your new licence and removal order you can Contact your local service agent and make a time to have the alcohol interlock device. removed from your vehicle.